Colleagues, you may be interested to know that the call for proposals for the above, is now open. The conference theme is “Making space for feminism in the neo-liberal academy”.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Kalwant Bhopal, Professorial Research Fellow, Centre for Research in Race and Education, University of Birmingham, UK
- Professor Mary Lou Rasmussen, Professor of Sociology (Gender, sexuality and education), Australian National University
Res-Sisters Panel, The Res-Sisters – a feminist collective of nine early career academics working broadly within the sociology and cultural studies of education and youth.
- Performance Talk on Feminist Spoken Word Practice by Katie Ailes
They invite four main types of conference presentations: papers, workshops, performance and exhibitions, and posters.
- Paper presentations report on empirical and/or theoretical research (20 mins +10 mins Q&A)
- Workshops are activity based and aim to involve participation from the audience. (60 mins)
- Performance and exhibitions including art exhibitions, installations, music, dancing or acting. The abstract should include the time required and any special requirements for space, equipment or seating arrangements.
- Posters are limited to a maximum size of a single A0 sheet.
Full details are available here: http://fwsablog.org.uk/conferences-and-events/fwsa-biennial-conference-2017/